< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Knee pain
Created On: 04/08/2011 03:09 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

06/28/2013 02:22 AM

Author Icon
musclepain

1. Home treatment may help relieve pain, swelling, and stiffness.
  2. Rest and protect an injured or sore area. Stop, change, or take a break from any activity that may be causing your pain or soreness. When resting, place a small pillow under your knee.
  3. Ice will reduce pain and swelling. Apply ice immediately to prevent or minimize swelling. Apply the ice or cold pack for 10 to 20 minutes, 3 or more times a day.
  4. For the first 48 hours after an injury, avoid things that might increase swelling, such as hot showers, hot tubs, hot packs, or alcohlic beverages.
  5. After 48 to 72 hours, if swelling is gone, apply heat and begin exercises with the aid of moist heat to help restore and maintain flexibility. Some experts recommend alternating between heat and cold treatments. muscle pain relief in canada

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 06/27/2012 05:51 AM

Author Icon
Jeniffer

I agree with Julia's advise.
 04/20/2011 11:10 AM

Author Icon
JuliaM

I'd suggest you buld up the muscles around the knee on that leg, by doing leg raises and other exercises. But not knowing the extent and location of your pain, I am reluctant to advise this. I think you should be seen again by a doctor. If your doctor cannot give you a referral to a physiotherapist or physical therapist (which might make it affordable, depending on your insurance), ask your doctor to evaluate your knee again to see if there is cartilege or ligament damange. Good luck!
 04/08/2011 03:09 PM

Author Icon
vdevur

I hurt my knee while playing soccer last year. My doctor advised me to go to physiotherapist but I can't affod them. So, she advised me few excercises and wear knee braces. Though the pain reduced significantly, I recently started having pain again and feel my knee is weaker now. Any suggestions?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Torn Meniscus
Informative Torn Meniscus Video
Information on torn meniscus cartilage and repair by Dr. Kevin Stone...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy