what happen after 5 years if i did not have a surgery of complete acl tear

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: what happen after 5 years if i did not have a surgery of complete acl tear
Created On: 09/17/2016 10:49 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

09/17/2016 10:49 AM

Author Icon
azhar7490

Hy I have my knee twisted in may 2011 The Dr.  Cast(plaster) my leg  for 45 days. On day Three After Removing it i go to play cricket  i jumped while playing and had a sound of poping and gona faint that was i think the actual moment i got it completely rapture... after rest a few weeks i started playing again but this time taking care of my moves played but with less involvement during last 5 years i feel the my knee dislocated while playing alot of times every time have swelling around my knee and pain after the incident Have MRI in a 2012 that confirms partial tears now in 2016 have Mri Confirmng Complete acl tear  and medial and lateral horns of miniscus showing complex injuries. I want to get it Done now. can i have a surgery now. what i have to do for that. now i make alot of research work on on my knee injury. but i dont know how old my complete tear is can  my Dr Know the exact how old it is and what kind of treatment now i should go through before the surgery. A year ago i started feeling pain in my hamstring of the same knee now tjat pan also increases alot even sometimes i  cant walk due to my hastring pain since last week I'm giving it the Rice treatment. Please Help what should i hae to do before my acl surgery and can i have a surgery now after 5 years of injury. 

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis Overview
Listen as Doctor Thomas P. Sculco, Surgeon-in-Chief at the Hospital for ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy