arthurjames

Did you get the condition diagnosed?

-------------------------
OrthoTexas, Frisco
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 01/10/2017 02:08 AM

Author Icon
walidh

hi, that's scary.. and now? what happened ?

i had an ACL tear last july, and until now didn't do the operation. i am still thinking if i should do it or not. after 10 session of physio, i was doing really better for few months, last week my knee started to hurt again.. don't remember doing any wrong movement, but i think my muscle got weeker because i wasn't practising anymore... so now am reallly considering doing the op.

the next question is which technique is better? the all inside? the usuall?

my real fear is to do the operation, and find myself once again with torn ACL...

hope you are feeling better though...

12/24/2016 04:27 PM

Author Icon
esowl

Hello everyone,

2 months ago I had my acl reconstruction on my right knee using hamstring. everything was going on very well: I could bend my knee all the way, had done 7 sessions of heavy phisiotherapy. 

Today as I was descending the stairs, my left ankle felt very shaky and I almost fell. and by almost I mean I squated down all the way, bending my right knee fully and it hurt to the extenct that I screamed. but soon after (like 2-3 seconds) pain disappeared. I soon returned home and iced my knee.

the immediate difference was that when I straightened my knee, I felt discomfort. before, I didn't. Also, now more than 12 hours have passed since the "fall". When I straighten my knee, I don't feel discomfort anymore, but when I hang it, or give it an extra push to straighten, I feel a little discomfort (similar to one after I had after my surgery).

Also, my knee is a bit swollen. I called my doctor immediately and he said wait for 2 days, if discomfort persists, wait for another day. If it still continues, do MRI. if discomfort disappears, continue your rehab as planned.

Now why I'm writing this post is because I'm scared of my future. I don't feel any pain right now but I'm very scared and I wanted to share my sorrows with you. Have you seen stuff like this? Is probability of extending my rehab high? Or do you think I will need surgery once more? 

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Student-Athletes Female ACL Injuries
Student-Athletes: Female ACL Injuries
This video features an example of a University of Rochester Medical Center ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy