< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Help! 6 months post op, rushed back to football too soon :(
Created On: 09/15/2016 09:44 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

01/27/2017 11:50 PM

Author Icon
arthurjames

You cannot practice sports immediately after a surgery. It requires some time to heal.

-------------------------
OrthoTexas, Frisco
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 01/10/2017 02:16 AM

Author Icon
walidh

hi, usually when they recomand to do the surgery is to allow you to play again... if you don't practice sport, you can only do some exercises, and strengthen your muscles and liveyour life normally... it's weird that your doctor advised you not to play anymore!!

09/15/2016 09:44 AM

Author Icon
daza365

Hi all, 

I need some advice ....

I had ACL reconstruction using my hamstring graft 6 months ago. At about 5 months I returned to football training after lots of bike work and jogs since about 3 months. Training went well, training twice a week, I wasn't 100% but comfortable playing and every session was progressive with mobility. 

After a good preseason training, the first competetive game of the season come and I lasted 10 minutes before I pivoted and my knee buckled and i went down with intense pain before being carried off. What was strange was after about 30 minutes, no swelling, I could walk on it fine and I went home and rested.

So my thought process here is ... for it too buckle, I have either retorn the graft or it still isn't fully functioning yet. I went to my GP hoping to be referred for MRI to properly assess the damage although he did a hands on assessment and said my knee is "intact and i may of gotten away with it" and advised me to never play again. 

I explained that i want to play again and he advised me to wait a few month's and then risk it if i wish too. I can either wait a few months, do some strengthening exercises and return to football or find another doctor and hope to be referred for MRI? 

Any suggestions? 

Kind regards 

Darren

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Wes Welker
Patriots WR Wes Welker Tears ACL, MCL
Patriots All-Pro WR Wes Welker tore his ACL and MCL on this play Sunday ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy