< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Post ACL surgery - foot turn out
Created On: 01/27/2012 02:17 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

02/01/2012 12:06 AM

Author Icon
Mall123

Apparently foot turn out, according to my surgeon, is relatively common. Because it feels more comfortable to to turn your hip and toe out, especially when you are sleeping, you may start doing it without realizing it - after a while it becomes habitual. Those of you who happen to be within the first two weeks post surgery should make sure someone watches how you are walking and makes sure that you are putting your toes forward.

The good news is that it was relatively easy (but painful) to correct over several days of making sure I was walking toes forward.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 01/27/2012 02:17 PM

Author Icon
Mall123

I had ACL reconstruction surgery 10 days ago and now that I'm getting up to move around more my husband noticed that my foot in my affected leg is turned out 30-45 degrees. I have to concentrate to make sure my toes are pointed forward when I walk and doing so dramatically increases the pain in my knee (knee cap area).

Has anyone else experienced this? I left a message with my doctor and my first PT session is not until next week so, in the meantime, I am wondering if anyone has advice or comments.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Knee-Related Sport Injury
Knee-Related Sports Injuries
Listen as Dr. Robert Afra, from UCSD Medical Center, explains prominent ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy