< REFRESH >
Topic Title: INJURY AFTER LATERAL RELEASE
Created On: 08/02/2007 07:42 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

08/02/2007 07:42 PM

Author Icon
FREAKER17511

I had a lateral release done in Aug '06. In about November I was doing lots better didn't need a knee brace and my knee didn't go out of place. In January '07 I fell down about 7 concrete steps at work and hit the bottom of my knee cap. This is now a work comp issue so I need help, because I feel like they are not giving me the total story. I have had x-rays and an MRI done. Basically the MRI shows that I had a bone spur break off inside, and some other things but I think these were there previously. The work comp. dr. they sent me to drained the fluid on my knee. The next visit since I was still having problems he said I need to have artho. done. Then the insurance company called me to ask if I wanted to see the dr. who did my original lateral release (which of course I asked for since the very beginning). Of course, since he knows my situation. Well the first time I saw him he said I had a bone contusion and it could take a while to heal. He also sent me to do PT and there was a possibility that he would need to do artho. to see what was going on in there. Well this has been about 8 weeks ago. Since then I have told him and the physical therapists that it feels like it is popping. The dr. has sent me for more therapy. Then the next visit he gave me a cortisone shot and more physical therapy and to get a new knee brace fitted. The cortisone shot did help almost all of the swelling go down. BUT now I definitely feel the knee cap dislocate at least a few times a day. I spoke with the physical therapists and they said that they really don't know why he would send me for more PT again at this point. One of them told me I need to ask for another MRI since the last one was done in Feb.. It sounds like the fall basically undid my whole surgery that I previously had done. The dr. really hasn't told me this, but it could be because the Workmens Comp. Insurance Co.'s nurse is at my appt.'s with me. My next visit I will definitely not let here go back with me, because I want some real answers. I am so frustrated and disappointed! I was at the point of having knee back to normal until this injury. Has anyone ever had a situation like this were they had an injury after a knee surgery. Can they do a lateral release again?
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Reducing Sport Injuries in children
Reducing Sports Injuries in Children
Learn important tips on how to avoid sports injuries, specifically for ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper
Dr. Robert Klapper:
Preventing Knee Surgery
  more   more Heroes
  Nominate a Hero   Hero Policy