< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Knee separation/torn ACL and PCL
Created On: 05/22/2004 04:28 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/22/2004 04:28 PM

Author Icon
joeyb318

I had a bad motorcycle accident Feb 20, 2004 and it left me with a nearly useless right leg. My leg was partially severed. My femur was broken and my knee was separated. I had an external fixator on my leg to see if my knee could hold up and not need amputation. It held after 5 weeks. As of today i still cannot have ACL and PCL surgery because my range of motion is only 44 degrees. Physical therapy is rough. Whenever my knee is bent to the maximum point it looks and feels like it will explode. Its hard to explain but im sure some of you have felt it. My doctor said that if my knee does not loosen up then he will have to do another surgery to loosen it. I need to know if my limited movement is normal and is the pain of therapy normal. I know pain is normal but this feels different. i put weight on my right leg for the first time since the accident last week and it of course was unstable but didnt hurt. Any information is appreciated.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Knee
Rheumatoid arthritis can cause joint swelling, stiffness, pain, and inflammation. ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper
Dr. Robert Klapper:
Preventing Knee Surgery
  more   more Heroes
  Nominate a Hero   Hero Policy