< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Quad shutdown questions
Created On: 05/11/2013 04:13 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/20/2013 11:50 PM

Author Icon
sary

Thanks for the tip!I also figured out that wrapping my leg under the brace with Vetwrap (I live on a horse farm) keeps the brace from slipping much. It's like two dollars a roll at farm stores.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/17/2013 03:39 PM

Author Icon
mrclean's_broken_knee

I had to wear a brace for nearly 3 months b4 surgery and after. The brace always slipped down on my leg cause my muscle was going bye bye. The only thing that worked for me was a tube sock and constatly tighting down the brace. Honestly there really isn't a magic fix for those blasted things. Thankfully I don't have to wear one anymore so I burnt the dang thing. Hope the tube sock idea helps.
 05/11/2013 04:23 AM

Author Icon
sary

Also wondering if there is a trick to getting this knee immobilizer to not slip down and move around when I try to walk.
 05/11/2013 04:13 AM

Author Icon
sary

Hi! I fell three weeks ago while running and landed on my knee. I had surgery yesterday to repair my quadriceps tendon, but when the doc got in there, he found nothing torn. He said my symptoms (can't do straight leg raise or seated or standing kicking motion, knee is too unstable to bear much weight) are likely being caused by quad shutdown. While I'm glad the surgery recovery time will be much shorter, I'm pretty freaked about not having an obvious physical "fix" for my problem. What can I expect in terms of P.T.?Also, since all the surgeon did was remove a lump of solidified blood and gunk off my knee, should I be hurting a lot? I feel like since the surgery was milder than planned, I shouldn't be in this much pain and maybe I'm just being a baby, but WOW, this hurts BAD!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Knee
Rheumatoid arthritis can cause joint swelling, stiffness, pain, and inflammation. ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper
Dr. Robert Klapper:
Preventing Knee Surgery
  more   more Heroes
  Nominate a Hero   Hero Policy