< REFRESH >
Topic Title: knee gives out
Created On: 10/03/2000 07:28 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

10/12/2000 03:21 PM

Author Icon
Janet7015

My knee problems began due to repetative squatting during occupational performances. My patella began dislocating frequently. I had a laproscopy and debridement surgery which merely calmed symptoms down for a short period. I had another surgery for a bi-lateral ligament release and debridement six months later. After the second surgery I battled extensive fluid and my patella then sublexed laterally. A mere tilt of my leg caused my patella to slide off with gravity. After a few weeks it would get hung up on a groove or lession, causing severe pain and more swelling. I was referred to another orthopedic surgeon for complete reconstructive surgery. Needless to say, it was very painful and unsuccessful. I was finally referred to a physician 581 miles away. He performed 5 different surgical procedures to save my patella in anticipation of the need for a knee replacement down the road. I now have relocated to Columbus, Ohio and am in need of a better than average orthopedic surgeon for follow-up care. My knee buckles constantly with no advanced warning or cause. I have fallen on several occassions and need treatment. I can not afford to interrupt my husbands career and commute to Georgia to seek treatment. My knee problems are very complicated. Where can I turn to for treatment? Any suggestions from anyone?
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 10/03/2000 07:28 AM

Author Icon
Armando6864

My 12 year old son has osgood schlatter on both legs, and in June, as a result of x-rays, and a MRI was found to have a "subchronal irregularity" in his left knee porbably representing osteochondritis dessicans. No lose bodies, no fluids, or tears, probably a stage 1 lesion in situ. He stopped playing soccer for 8 weeks (althogh both orthopeadics said he could continue to play since the finding was asympomatic, by accident as a result of the x-rays). He never had KNEE pain, he still does not, other than for the osgood schlatter below the knee. A week ago he said that sometimes his left knee gives out, but he still has no pain. What could be the problem... someone told me it could be quadracept inhibition - bone growth faster than muscle strength??? Please advise.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Knee Pain Relief
Is chronic knee pain keeping you from enjoying your favorite activities? ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy