< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Can't bend my knee
Created On: 11/05/2007 06:17 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

11/05/2007 06:17 PM

Author Icon
ms_civie

Hello this is my first post and I'm not sure which forum this would apply to.I recently injured my knee 2 weeks ago playing soccer. I was running and I felt my lower leg twist outward below the knee. I went to the emergency room and was unable to straighten my knee without pain. The doctors said that it was likely a twisted or torn ACL. After they left the nurse was putting my leg into a knee-brace and she had to force the leg to straighten, it hurt to lay it straight then I heard a pop causing my lower leg to twitch and it didn't hurt anymore. I asked her if they should call the doctors back in (since they asked me several times if I heard a pop when I injured the knee) but the nurse just handed me a pair of crutches and sent me on my way.Since I wasn't in much chronic pain anymore I didn't think much of it, but I haven't been able to bend my knee since the 'pop'. At first I thought it was because my knee was swollen but the swelling has gone down and I still can't bend it. I suppose what's odd is that not only can I not bend my knee but if a third person were to try and bend or move it, it still won't move.Has anyone ever had any similar problems? I was referred to an orthopedic surgeon but I live in an underserviced area so it'll be a month before I can see him. In the meantime I have no idea what's wrong or if I should be doing anything like exercises, etc. to help make it better.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Total Knee Replacement
Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement
Learn about the total knee replacement surgery and rehab proceess from ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper
Dr. Robert Klapper:
Preventing Knee Surgery
  more   more Heroes
  Nominate a Hero   Hero Policy