< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Water on the Knee
Created On: 04/02/2002 04:57 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

06/05/2003 07:40 AM

Author Icon
stevefish10

Hi John How are things now?? I to suffer from Ankylosing Spondylitis. I am 29 and have had fluid on my knee (but no real pain)for 8 years. I have had 3 occasions where the fluid has been aspirated & injections given (steroid) which have offered relief for 3 months at a time but i am told do more damage than their worth. I have had 2 MRI scans and xrays that show nothing is wrong. My doctor has now offered Chemical Synovectomy with Osmic acid injected into the knee joint and a three night stay in hospital to boot which should relieve the fluid for 2-3 years if all goes well. However although my doc says that this procedure is quite common i dont like the sound of it and as far as i can see it is very out of date and can damage the cartilage and bones!!! Has any one ever explained to you why ank spond causes fluid on the knee??? Cheers Steve
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 04/02/2002 04:57 PM

Author Icon
kickasorg

I have had Ankylosing Spondylitis for about 30 years and only several water on the knee episodes. The last time the swelling was very severe, and when it "stopped," the fluid leaked through my leg and pooled in my ankle. Now, I am suffering with no especially large knee swelling, but my leg and ankle are full of fluid and the pain is much worse than ever. It is almost as if whatever was swelling before had "popped," and the fluid now does not store in the knee for easy aspiration, but wreaks havoc with entire leg to the point that I cannot walk. Btw--I am certain that this was brought upon by trying a course of CMO supplement...it is the only thing that I have changed recently. Best Regards, John
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Post-Operative Knee Care
Post-Operative Knee Care
Learn from a knee care expert about how to get your knee back into shape ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy