< REFRESH >
Topic Title: IAGH
Created On: 05/23/2003 07:23 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

06/16/2008 11:27 PM

Author Icon
mokes

I went for shots in my elbow and got the PRP at the same time ($200). To be honest, I knew it was a long shot and in the it did nothing for me. I noticed no difference at all.The experience was pleasant. Dr. F's office is filled with pics of him and some celeb in his office and the staff was great. In the end, i was about $1500 and the T&E it cost to get there from NJ.While i was in the waiting all 3 times, i met several people who had very good feedback from a previous visits. They were all there from out of start and country and were there for another joint since they had such success on thier first trip in. Supposedly, the shots are more effective on the knee. IF you have the $ to take a shot at it, it's worth the chance you will have some success. Keep in mind you will need to take his $80/mo supplement once you are done.It's non-invasive and relatively cheap considering health costs. I was praying i would get some relief, but in the end it got me no where. I wish you the best of luck with your decision.

-------------------------
Joseph A Palumbo
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/07/2008 12:19 AM

Author Icon
Georges

Hi , I was looking for alternative help with arthritis of knee and I came to this page, I called The Regenerative center of Medicine (Dr. Farschian) in florida, and they seem to be working with PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma and injects that to knee joint, Has anybody tried that?
 05/15/2007 12:22 PM

Author Icon
Gnarus

I just wrote a post regarding iagh athttp://www.knee1.com/forum/mes...GE=5&enterthread=yIt doesn't seem to be worth it. Either that or all my OSs enjoys drilling too much.
 05/10/2007 02:49 PM

Author Icon
Kingman

hi - I saw your note on knee1 and you offered to have people write to you, but this is years old. I am 50 years old and have recently been diagnosed with pretty severe arthritize in the inner knee. I am fairly active, tennis and skiing, really did not think it was that bad, but two othos in NYork have said either wait it out, have an Osteo or try a sort of Uni knee. I am not sure if this IAGH would be appropriate for me, but it seems to have worked in some cases. I just wanted to see if you were real and could offer any insights. I 'd like to try something rather than surgery at this point in my life, but it just seems a bit of a stretch.Thanksvfor getting back to me.Kingman
 02/03/2006 01:03 AM

Author Icon
RobertLloyd

quote:
Originally posted by: tmaxwellI have been to three separate OS and none (I repeat none) of them has ever heard of Dr. Dunn. While they all agreed that hGH is approved by the FDA for use, none of them saw how hGH would re-grow articular cartilage. They were also all in strong agreement that articular cartilage is avascular. As you can tell, I was once intrested in Dr. Dunn's procedure, but I'd need a little more acceptance prior to trying something like that. My primary OS recommended injections of Synvisc. While this does not re-grow anything, it may help to lubricate the joint somewhat. If I were you, I would go with generally accepted procedures.
synvisc was worthless for me. It didn't cost me anything (insurance paid 100%) but it didn't do anything either.I have noticed that outside of this forum no one has ever heard of IAGH and that's really odd.
 08/25/2005 09:25 AM

Author Icon
wilsonrob

I was not clear if you had the surgry from Dunn? Did Dr. Farshchian or Dunn give you the shots? Thanks
 08/23/2005 07:53 PM

Author Icon
mikey717

Hi I am 53 years of age and I have had to friends go to Dr. Farshchian's clinic in Florida. One needed a knee replacement--the other needed an ankle replacement--Within 5 months both have gone from zero or 1 up to at least a 7 out of 10 (being a new knee) FYI Dr. Farshchian no longer uses HGH and gets "better"results using fewer shots ! In early April I had surgery on my left knee and to repair the ACL. Including the day of surgery I have received 9 Injection --and I have about 3.5 MM cartiledge and have gone from zero (great pain and swelling on a daily basis to walking without a limp. Physio is ongoing. So to answer your question---yes it works ! But most Ortho's won't recommed it because the procedure works without expensive and complex surgical techniques. Many Prolotherapy Clinics are now using HGH--but--they don't know how to use it (in my opinion) . I have the e-mail from 10 of Dr. Dunn's patients who have had great results 7 or 8 score after much physio and rehab--but I caution you knees are and ankles are the easiest to treat this way. Dr. Dunn's office will not give a reference on any joint except knees.Mike
 08/08/2005 01:27 PM

Author Icon
mikey717

Hi Synvisc is Crap!----------Dr. Dunn's technique is---research proven science---However he always does surgery before--and keeps you totally and partially on crutches for 12 weeks ! I have the e-mail from over 20 of Dunn's patients (successful--but all knees!) if you ask for a reference on any other joint they get really weird on you. I sent a friend to another Florida clinic with a funky knee problem (old football injury---many-many operations)---Basically his knee has gone from a 1 to a 5 in 30 days--and no SURGERY ! Dr. Farshchian says he will plateau at 3 months and probably be at least a 7 or 8 (performance scale)refer www.arthritisusa.netMike
 11/02/2003 12:10 AM

Author Icon
IAGH1790

I HAVE USED IAGH FOLLOWING DEBRIDEMNT OF THE LESIONS IN THE TROCHLEAR SURFACE AND THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD. LOOK AT IAGH.COM FOR MY CV AND MORE INFORMATION ALLAN R. DUNN, M.D.. MIAMI FLORIDA (888)848-6534.
 10/20/2003 01:05 PM

Author Icon
tmaxwell

Carlos: IAGH is an interesting procedures. It stands for Intra-articular Injections of Human Growth Hormone. In other words, a doctor injects Human Growth Hormone into the articular cartilage with the hopeful expectation that it will actually stimulate the cartilage to grow. Orthodox medical science tries its best to ignore this procedure, as it does not yield the revenue of surgery. Like you, I have had 2 surgeries already and it is clear that further surgery is to be avoided at all costs. Tom
 10/17/2003 05:17 PM

Author Icon
cmayorca

I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge, however I already had 4 surguries on my 2 knees. Could you please tell me what is a IAGH procedure??? I'm trying to find whatever can help me with the lack of the internal meniscus on my left knee. Thanks Carlos
 10/14/2003 11:00 AM

Author Icon
wilsonrob

i too had surgery and IAGH injections from Dr. Dunn. i would say my procedure was successful. not like a new knee but very much improved. i can do things that i could not do before and with a lot less discomfort. due to this improvement i am having my other knee done soon with the same procedure. i have a trochlea defect that will be abraded and injected every 5 days. i will be non weight bearing for 6-8 weeks. rob wilson
 08/04/2003 01:40 PM

Author Icon
chuckd

I too had IAGH. I finished up last fall, so I'm about a year out. I am significantly improved, however I don't think I'm fully healed. I feel I could've used a couple more injections, but being from Boston it was not possible. my story is a long one, feel free to email me if you'd like. I also mentioned IAGH to several Boston area docs, with repsonses ranging from complete dismissal to very interested. one thing to note is that you are non-weight bearing for several weeks. 7 in my case. I have had surgery on my knee, and was looking for a way to hopefully heal my knee and avoid surgery. although I've got the same last name as Dr. Dunn, I am not related. HTH Chuck
 08/04/2003 01:40 PM

Author Icon
chuckd

I too had IAGH. I finished up last fall, so I'm about a year out. I am significantly improved, however I don't think I'm fully healed. I feel I could've used a couple more injections, but being from Boston it was not possible. my story is a long one, feel free to email me if you'd like. I also mentioned IAGH to several Boston area docs, with repsonses ranging from complete dismissal to very interested. one thing to note is that you are non-weight bearing for several weeks. 7 in my case. I have had surgery on my knee, and was looking for a way to hopefully heal my knee and avoid surgery. although I've got the same last name as Dr. Dunn, I am not related. HTH Chuck
 07/29/2003 12:28 PM

Author Icon
John11724

I had the IAGH procedure and I am doing much better than before. The first thing that I noticed was that the constant pain was gone. I finished the procedure in late Feb and I am still improving. The x-rays of my knee (before and after)show improvement. Although it is not a new knee, I am better than I was before and now engage in activities that I couldn't do before. It is not a miracle cure, but a long process of recovery that involves a lot of physical therapy. There was an article in Time magazine in Dec 2002 that dealt with arthritis and talked about the growth hormone as the future of medical treatment for cartilage problems. I have never found an orthodetic surgeon in my area of the country that had heard of this procedure. However, I can attest to the benefit of the IAGH. OS are not inclined jump a revolutionary procedure that is inexpensive to the patient. Besides, if you have the IAGH and it doesn't work, what have you lost?
 05/27/2003 07:35 AM

Author Icon
tmaxwell

I have been to three separate OS and none (I repeat none) of them has ever heard of Dr. Dunn. While they all agreed that hGH is approved by the FDA for use, none of them saw how hGH would re-grow articular cartilage. They were also all in strong agreement that articular cartilage is avascular. As you can tell, I was once intrested in Dr. Dunn's procedure, but I'd need a little more acceptance prior to trying something like that. My primary OS recommended injections of Synvisc. While this does not re-grow anything, it may help to lubricate the joint somewhat. If I were you, I would go with generally accepted procedures.
 05/23/2003 07:23 AM

Author Icon
tmaxwell

Has anyone tried Dr. Dunn's intra-articular injections of human gorwth hormone for defects with their articular cartilage? I have a defect in the femoral trochlea area and I am desperately trying to assess non-surgical options prior to considering ACI.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Recovering from Knee Replacement Surgery
Recovering from Knee Replacement
Watch Russell Johnson, longtime biker and rheumatoid arthritis patient, ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper
Dr. Robert Klapper:
Preventing Knee Surgery
  more   more Heroes
  Nominate a Hero   Hero Policy