< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Wrestling 3 months after ACL surgery
Created On: 08/17/2008 05:42 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

08/27/2008 12:46 PM

Author Icon
miwung

Hey Grappler,There's few options out there for you. I have used donjoy's and Cti2's, both are pretty good. here's the ones I know about:http://www.ossur.co.uk/?PageID=7520http://www.donjoy.com/images/p...cts/pdfs/defiance3.pdfhttp://www.townsenddesign.com/...t%20pages/premier.htmlalll are good, donjoy's are comfortable but I felt like the cti's gave me better support.good luck man!!
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 08/24/2008 12:56 PM

Author Icon
Grappler69

Thank you for the advice. I am biking about 15 miles a week, swimming, and doing leg presses and calf raises, in addition to working on the thera bands 2-3 times a week. Wrestling is something I have to get back to. I coach and our team needs me to be ready to go. What type of braces do people recommend? My dad is a pharmacist so I can get donjoy braces at good prices. Which one should I get to return as quickly as possible?
 08/22/2008 12:01 AM

Author Icon
miwung

Hey Grapple,I am by no means an expert, but I've had to 2 ACL's done on my right knee and played competitive sports my entire life. My first ACL I had done in Jan. 07 and started playing competitive sports in mid-march 07. I know this sounds crazy but around 2.5 months I started played hard with the brace. My then Dr. cleared me to play with a CTI-2 ACL brace. I guess at the time it was considered a good brace.I just had my second surgery about two weeks ago and my new Dr. has advised me to take it easy for about 6 months.I really think I damaged my knee playing sports to early after the first surgery, I didn't concentrate on strengthening the joint and the muscles around it. I had false sense of security thinking that I could run fast that I was ready to go, but that wasn't the case at all. My knee started buckling after a year.In short, I would concentrate on getting insanely strong quads and all the little stablizer muscles around the knee before I pushed wrestling.just my two cents bro!!-former wrestler myself.
 08/18/2008 04:57 PM

Author Icon
ripknee

I would think a bit risky. I wrestled for about 8 years and would have found it quite difficult to do so at month 3. Four to 5 months postop might make more sense, and feel alot better. Your OS and PT should be able to do some testing to determine whether you are at risk or not. Last thing you want is to compromise the recovery.Steve.

-------------------------
Steve (Portland, OR-USA)
(ACL/meniscus - Patellar autograft surgery on July 21, 2006 - returned to soccer in mid-January 2007)
 08/17/2008 05:42 PM

Author Icon
Grappler69

I coach wrestling for a high school team and our season starts in November. I was wondering how I could recover by then. I know take it slow, but that isn't my personality. I had surgery July 24 and have about 130 range of motion and can bike, swim, and lift a little. What do I need to do to be able to go by November. I don't mind wearing a brace while wrestling.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Female Sport Injury
Female Sports Injuries
Learn about the increase in sports injuries among women, the causes, treatment ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy