< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Swelling issues over 1 year after lateral release on patella
Created On: 02/19/2013 02:51 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

04/15/2013 12:33 AM

Author Icon
manuel4md

Hi alb29! I am very sorry to hear about your condition being just 29 y.o. and all. You have a full life ahead of you and you shouldnt let your knee problems steal your life away. Stem cell therapy is currently being used to treat conditions that is hard to treat with the old conventional ways. Try browsing www.stem.MD and they have plenty of useful information that will help you. I heard they have really excellent results. I hope this would help you with your struggle/journey against chronic pain. Best of Luck.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 02/20/2013 02:55 PM

Author Icon
beautyonthego

Alb29 I think acupuncture is a great option. I would love to hear how that works out for you. I will be posting some of my suggestions soon.
 02/20/2013 08:57 AM

Author Icon
alb29

Thank you for your response beautyonthego. I have tried dry-needling in the past and I set up an appointment for acupuncture yesterday. Looking into alternative medicines and healing therapy is new to me and I was wondering if you had any suggestions?
 02/20/2013 01:31 AM

Author Icon
beautyonthego

Hi alb29. Sorry to hear you have gone through so many obstacles because of your injury. I definitely understand your pain, as I was hit by a car a little over a year ago and had a similar experience.
Let me as, by chance have you tried any alternative medicines or healing therapy?
 02/19/2013 02:51 PM

Author Icon
alb29

I am a 29 years old and I have had major knee problems for 2.5 years. The pain increased in my knees so I went to the doctor and they diagnosed me with patellofemoral syndrome. In November of 2011 the pain was so bad in my right knee I ended up having to have a lateral release on my patella to stop the bone on bone rubbing. The main pain I am suffering from now is swelling. The swelling in my knee I had surgery on never completely went away. The swelling will reduce at night when I am resting but will increase throughout the day. I have been on several different anti inflammatory drugs, had cortisone shots, and have gone through multiple physical therapists to try different strengthening routines in an attempt to reduce the swelling. To make the issue worse I now have swelling in my left knee as well. I tried getting a cortisone shot in that knee but I had a bad reaction and the swelling increased. Also in an attempt to reduce inflammation I have also starting an anti-inflammatory eating plan and I take fish oil omega 3 pills and Zyflamend. I am currently being told by my orthopedic they are unsure of what is causing the swelling in both knees. I went in for a second opinion and got the same response from that orthopedic.

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what I could do in this situation?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Knee Pain Relief
Is chronic knee pain keeping you from enjoying your favorite activities? ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy