< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Tibial Avulsion Fracture - 6 months post op
Created On: 12/04/2017 03:08 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

12/04/2017 03:08 PM

Author Icon
slamar90

New to this site and wasn't sure which category to post this in.  Anyways, I had a tibial avulsion fracture and meniscus tear back in May of this year (5/21/2017) while riding dirt bikes.  After doing about 3 weeks of physical therapy I had my first operation (6/12/2017).  The doctor was able to suture the bone fragment back down to my shin bone and then sewed my meniscus tear back together.  I then began physical therapy a week later.  It was then that I realized my knee had completely stiffened up due to scar tissue.  My ROM was only about 15-35 and was very painful.  A few failed weeks of trying to work it out in physical therapy led to a Manipulation under Anesthesia and lysis of adhesions through my original surgery wounds.  I am now 6 months post op and my knee is doing much better than it was, but still not where I want it to be.  My ROM is about 8-125.  It causes me to walk with a limp and still have pain doing pretty simple activities.  My knee is constantly popping throughout the day and stiffens up pretty bad if I skip a day of exercises.  I am wondering if anyone on here has suffered from the same injury, and if so what was your outcome?  I am worried that I won't be able to get back to riding or even doing some more simple activities.  I try and go to the gym Monday through Friday where I contue my exercises that I learned in therapy.  I also ride a stationary bike for 15-20 minutes.  Any adive/experiences are helpful. Thanks     

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Knee Exam
Dan Smith performs a full knee examination. ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
test