< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Tibial Avulsion Fracture - 6 months post op
Created On: 12/04/2017 03:08 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

12/04/2017 03:08 PM

Author Icon
slamar90

New to this site and wasn't sure which category to post this in.  Anyways, I had a tibial avulsion fracture and meniscus tear back in May of this year (5/21/2017) while riding dirt bikes.  After doing about 3 weeks of physical therapy I had my first operation (6/12/2017).  The doctor was able to suture the bone fragment back down to my shin bone and then sewed my meniscus tear back together.  I then began physical therapy a week later.  It was then that I realized my knee had completely stiffened up due to scar tissue.  My ROM was only about 15-35 and was very painful.  A few failed weeks of trying to work it out in physical therapy led to a Manipulation under Anesthesia and lysis of adhesions through my original surgery wounds.  I am now 6 months post op and my knee is doing much better than it was, but still not where I want it to be.  My ROM is about 8-125.  It causes me to walk with a limp and still have pain doing pretty simple activities.  My knee is constantly popping throughout the day and stiffens up pretty bad if I skip a day of exercises.  I am wondering if anyone on here has suffered from the same injury, and if so what was your outcome?  I am worried that I won't be able to get back to riding or even doing some more simple activities.  I try and go to the gym Monday through Friday where I contue my exercises that I learned in therapy.  I also ride a stationary bike for 15-20 minutes.  Any adive/experiences are helpful. Thanks     

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Total Knee Replacement
Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement
Learn about the total knee replacement surgery and rehab proceess from ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
test