< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Articular cartilage repair
Created On: 08/17/2008 11:21 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

12/12/2017 11:15 AM

Author Icon
JimD33

Wondering how your microfracture is holding up? I've been seeing a lot of stuff about using your own cells to repair cartilage defects and it's supposed to be a lot more long-lasting. www.Maci.com  Have you heard about it?

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 08/17/2008 11:36 PM

Author Icon
stakro

I too had a grade 4 lesion on my medial femoral condyle that they did microfracture on on Feb 25, 2008. If I remember right, it was about 2cm x 1cm in size, so a pretty big one. I also had one done at the same time in the trochlear groove. I just underwent another scope of that knee on Aug 1 to see what's going on since I'm still in pain, cannot straighten my knee fully when walking, etc. I wasn't as fortunate as you though in that the large lesion I have isn't healing right. It looked pretty bad during the surgery - I was awake and watched the surgery. My surgeon said that the new fibrocartilage that was growing in the microfracture site wasn't even good cartilage. So, now it seems my next step will be an unloader brace and possibly a high tibial osteotomy in the future. I'm only 38 years old, so they won't even consider TKR yet. Glad to hear your microfracture sounds successful!!!
 08/17/2008 11:21 PM

Author Icon
jzsolcsak

I had a grade 4 defect of my articular cartilage on the inside of my right knee repaired on March 20, 2008. I was totally NWB for 38 days. I am 51 years old and I am almost 5 months post op and I feel really good. I have not run or had any high impact activities. Has anyone had a grade 4 repair similar to mine?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Knee Replacement Success Story
Knee Replacement Success Story
Healthcare News Network shows the knee replacement surgery success story ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
test