< REFRESH >
Topic Title: post mpfl tto surgery....crutches stairs and slopes issue
Created On: 09/11/2016 05:11 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

09/11/2016 05:11 AM

Author Icon
lissyjo

Hi, im 10 weeks post mpfl and tto i have a few issues and any tips tricks would be appreciated.

Issue 1

I am still using crutches! I can walk around on flat surfaces at home without any in certain places. So i hit the linoleum in the kitchen and am grabbing at things to hold.i often feel like i baulk at the next step and then start taking shuffling steps wondering if my knee/leg will follow.

I feel really silly! When in public i am still on on 2 canadian crutches as when i use one i stall and cant seem to work my legs. I am looking at floor surfaces and wondering how slippery they may be.

Issue 2

When i get to a downhill slope i feel like my bad knee isnt going to bend without giving way. I have 115deg rom at present  riding stationery bike quite ok.

Issue 3

Stairs...wondering if physio says no more crutches this week ...which he mentioned last week...how do u manage up and down stairs when i currently need to hold railing to go up and down. There are alot of places that have steps without railings.

I feel i have come a long way since surgery i was in locked brace for 6 weeks and physio started at week 7. Physio has indicated i have no vmo and quads are asleep. I have followed all physio exercises he is happy surgeon is happy i just feel like i am missing something....one minute i am saying to myself it all in my head and then i look at my thighs together and there is obvious muscle wasting...

Please hit me with ur experiences and thoughts, thanks heaps xx

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

3D Knee Animation
3D Animation: Total Knee Joint Replacement Surgery
This 3D medical animation shows a total knee joint replacement surgery ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy