The total knee replacement surgery, replaces the damaged bone and cartilage of the knee joint with an artificial prosthesis in order to provide a new, healthy joint. It is an orthopedic procedure often performed to relieve pain and disability from degenerative, most commonly osteoarthritis.
A knee replacement surgery can be:
- Unilateral (involving one side or single side)
- Bilateral (involving both the sides, double side or two sides).
- Severe arthritis (rheumatoid or osteo)
- Osteonecrosis (dead bone) of the knee
- Severe Pain
- Significant loss of function
- Tumours of the knee
Many European countries have excellent medical and surgical facilities and offer an attractive alternative for those looking for orthopedic surgery abroad. Besides, the costs for orthopedic surgery in Europe are highly competitive.
Enjoy your active life again! Find out everything about Knee Replacement Surgery packages in Europe! Get in touch with us today!