12 years post-op. Had sporadic bone pain for years...until Vitamin D

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: 12 years post-op. Had sporadic bone pain for years...until Vitamin D
Created On: 07/16/2018 05:40 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

07/16/2018 05:40 PM

Author Icon
dadoody

I ruptured my ACL in November 2005 due to a jumping injury. 

Before surgery, I had a slight tear in my meniscus; however, I did light cycling on a stationary bike for 3 months, and that seems to have helped heal the meniscus. During the surgery, the doctor used my own patellar tendon grafting. 

I have mostly full range, the leg is still not as strong as the other one, but that's on me for not being more regular at the gym for it; however, in running or boxing, the leg is great. 

No arthritis yet. I was 25 when I ruptured it, I'm 37 now. 

One issue I had though was bone pain around the incision site. I thought it was maybe nerve damage or scar tissue. I'd massage the pain, but it wouldn't relieve it at all. It was just an achy pain that I thought I'd have to live with; however, I recently realized something: I work indoors. I do most things indoors. 

One benefit is that I'm 37, but people tell me I look 27, but what I didn't realize also was that I was deficient in something called "vitamin D" which needs sunlight to produce, and many Americans are at a deficit. 

So, I popped by Costco and picked up a bottle of their Kirkland Vitamin D3 @ 2000 IU, and I've been popping a pill everyday for a month now, and I've noticed that I don't have any more bone pain. I'm poking the area I usually have the pain, and I don't even have a dull ache. It just feels normal.

So FYI to people out there who might be experiencing some of the ache and pain like I was - popping some vitamin D3 might help. 

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Female Sport Injury
Female Sports Injuries
Learn about the increase in sports injuries among women, the causes, treatment ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
test