< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Misdiagnosis? - Advice wanted
Created On: 09/30/2003 06:36 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

07/23/2005 06:01 PM

Author Icon
saralouise

MCF is right on, run dont walk to your doctor, as these dont heal on their own. it will need to be repaired. i tore mine and walked around for a year, and when they went into scope the knee the found it at that time and repaired it. Sure helped with the pain! Good Luck
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 10/22/2003 04:11 PM

Author Icon
mcf

yes, ice ice ice 20 min on/20 min of. go see an physiotherapist or athletic therapist, then go and see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in knees. when i dinged my knee, i felt and heard a pop - the md in emerg did not even perform the usual ligament stability tests because my knee was very very big - he said the "pop" usually indicates a torn acl (or mcl).
 09/30/2003 06:36 PM

Author Icon
tp_karategirl

I injured my knee 1 yr. ago when I jumped out of the back of a truck. I felt it pop and it immeidiatly swelled and bruised. I went to the Dr. 3 months later because it continued to swell on either side and I have pain in the back of the knee. Also, it feels wierd. I can't really describe it, but it doesn't feel like the other one. The Dr. said to take Advil and it would get better. It has been 9 months and it's the same. Sometimes it gives out or feels like it's going back to far. It's also uncomfortable to bend it past 90 degrees. I am very active in Karate and its giving me problems. Can anyone give some advice?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Bionic knee for amputees
Bionic Knee Research for Amputees
Watch as physical therapists at the University of South Florida work with ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
test