Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Incurable IT Band Syndrome
Created On: 11/10/2003 09:08 PM

10/21/2005 11:02 AM

Author Icon
jgrandits

have you considered surgery to lenghen the IT band. it's not that complicated of a procedure, using Z-plasty method, and that might alleviate some tightness around the knee. good luck
 11/10/2003 09:08 PM

Author Icon
sgoldfine

I'm desperate for some help. I'm a long time triathlete. Came down with my most recent case of IT band syndrome in the middle of training for my first ironman. (March was the onset) I'd gotten over the other bouts of ITBS with stretching, ice and small reduction in activity. Anyway, trained through the pain with cortisone shots, and no running. I continued biking and swimming. Made it through the Ironman and have done virtually no exercise since then. (Since July...it's now November) Have gone to PT for 6 months, done accupuncture, massage, ice, extensive stretching and theres virtually no change. have had 2 MRIs, a bone scan and blood tests which are all normal. Got orthodics to correct biomechanical imbalances 3 weeks ago, but no change. I'm in pain to walk, and even to swim, along the outside of the knee (where standard ITB pain is) and below the kneecap. (typical with patella tendonitis, but dont have the other symptoms of that) Currently I'm trying A.R.T. therapy with my massage therapist. I fear I will never to be able to run, cycle or even walk comfortably again. I'd be eternally greatful if somone could shed some light on this problem. Thanks!

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Knee Exam
Dan Smith performs a full knee examination. ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy