Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Rolled Ankle
Created On: 11/17/2009 02:33 PM

03/29/2010 04:41 PM

Author Icon
hillaryhoffman

[p]Unfortunately, sprains do tend to take a long time to heal. The general healing time is given as 4-6 weeks, but depending on the severity of the sprain and how you treat the injury, it can take even longer. It's definitely a good idea to follow the RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) guidelines in the weeks following the injury, but ultimately the only thing you can do it wait for the ankle to heal. [/p][p]Once the ankle has healed, you may want to wear a brace for the short-term, as AI suggests, to prevent re-injury while the ankle is still weak. Dr. Clarence Shields ( [url=http://www.body1.com/hero/index.cfm/1/24/1]http://www.body1.com/hero/index.cfm/1/24/1[/url] ) suggests that use of a balance board as part of your conditioning regime may help prevent sprains. Good luck and hope you feel better soon![/p]
 01/21/2010 12:45 PM

Author Icon
avigneau1

[p]I sprained my ankle a while back, rolling in on someone's foot going for a loose ball. I played on it, which was not a bright idea, then iced, showered, and tried to elevate it for a bit. It became swollen for a few days and even though the swelling has since died down, it is still quite tender and difficult to cut or make any sudden movements with. Does anyone have thoughts on the matter?[/p]
 12/22/2009 11:28 AM

Author Icon
spark

[p]I sprained my ankle a while back doing the same thing! Coming down from a rebound, stepped on someone's foot and ... ouch. pain. Though this was YEARSSS ago (somewhere in the ballpark of 6 or 8 years), i still find that my ankle gets sore muck quicker than the other one. I had gotten it checked out, wore a cast (long story) and everything.. yet, I find that ankle sprains (or maybe sprains in general) tend to never heal fully. [/p]
 11/17/2009 02:33 PM

Author Icon
AI

I was coming down with a rebound and rolled my ankle on someone else's foot. This happened near the beginning of the season, and a few weeks later, after I rushed to get back on the floor, I crossed the ball over, making a cut through thte lane, and my ankle gave out. I guess I tried to get back on it too quickly, but it felt good enough. I was thinking about getting an ankle brace, but i hear that those don't allow the ankle to heal fully, and your ankle will become dependent on one. Maybe it'll be good for the short term though. Does anyone know? Or have suggestions?

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
Learn about the process of arthroscopic knee surgery in detail. This video, ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy