Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Injury Recovery
Created On: 11/17/2009 10:09 AM

01/06/2014 02:01 PM

Author Icon
andy.peloquin

<p>One very important thing to keep in mind: mountain biking is much harder on your knees than regular road cycling. Seeing as you're going up, down, over, and through, you're going to run your knees through some pretty intense exercise. You're always changing pace, intensity, and angle, and it can be pretty hard.</p>
<p>If you have knee pain and MUST continue cycling, it's best to stick with road cycling - as AI so wisely decided. It's much less damaging, and will be much easier on your knees. If your injury is bad enough, it may be a good idea to go with a recumbent bike. </p>
 07/13/2013 01:50 AM

Author Icon
musclepain

If you suffer cycling knee pain, the first and most important step to kick off the healing process is to stop the activity that is causing the pain. Take a break from cycling at least for a week or two. See how your body feels. During these two weeks you won't be sitting around though. The following steps will put you on your way towards fixing your cycling knee pain.
Flexibility and or tissue quality of:
<ul>
<li>Quadriceps</li>
<li>Hip Flexors</li>
<li>Tensor Fascia Latae</li>
<li>Iliotibial band</li>
</ul>
Strength of:

<ul>
<li>Quadriceps</li>
<li>Hip Flexors</li>
<li>Gluteals</li>
<li>Hamstrings</li>
<li>You can also outsource the task of checking your posture. To do this, you could find someone who is FMS-certified and if you happen to find a practitioner of ART who is also FMS-certified, you have won the fixing cycling knee pain lottery. Of course you can also do everything yourself, but that will take much longer and require a bigger effort on your side. So why not just play it safe, go talk to a pro and be back on the bike earlier? That's what I would do.</li>
<li>[url=http://www.etoims.com/]Muscle pain relief in Canada[/url]</li>
</ul>
 12/01/2009 08:29 AM

Author Icon
AI

[p]To further my point: [/p][br][p]http://www.cartilagehealth.com/cycling.html[/p][br]
 11/17/2009 10:09 AM

Author Icon
AI

[p]I recently suffered a minor knee sprain, but was getting antsy as I recovered. I still had some pain when I ran, but cycling was the perfect remedy. It worked out great because I could break a sweat without the pain of running. I had been mountain biking a lot recently, but a nice road tour is just what my knee needed. I still will continue to mountain bike when it's in season, but when I get older, I see myself investing in a nice road bike to keep myself in shape. I will probably go without the matching spandex shirt/shorts outfit though.[/p]

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Knee Pain Relief
Is chronic knee pain keeping you from enjoying your favorite activities? ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy