Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Some good warmups
Created On: 02/16/2010 12:46 PM

02/03/2014 11:05 AM

Author Icon
andy.peloquin

<p>You know, the simple warmups are usually the best. You don't have to get too fancy with the stretches, but just make sure that all of the muscles you're going to use are warm.</p>
<p>Stick with simple options like:</p>
<p>-Hamstring stretches</p>
<p>-Calf stretches</p>
<p>-Thigh stretches</p>
<p>-Lower back stretches</p>
<p>Roll your ankles all around, stretch those arms and shoulders, and just get your body loose by jumping rope for a few minutes. You'll find that you don't have to spend too much time warming up - just enough to get the blood flowing to your muscles.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
 09/01/2010 09:34 AM

Author Icon
Body1Michelle

Great advice! You can also find more information on how to exercise your knees in our [url=/Care_Tools/Fitness_Center]fitness center[/url] and our [url=/News/Feature_Story/Exercises_for_Healthy_Injured_and_Post_Surgery_Knees]latest feature article[/url]. Strong knees with strong muscles are less likely to get injured.
 08/21/2010 07:08 AM

Author Icon
alexander3321

Physiotherapist , [br]Physiotherapy [br]
 02/16/2010 12:46 PM

Author Icon
avigneau1

[p]http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/expert.q.a/01/22/knee.stretching.jampolis/index.html?iref=allsearch[/p][p]This article summarizes the Harmoknee Preventative Training Program which provides a list of different warmup drills that will help prevent serious injuries to the knees. It's great for all sports, including volleyball. The article goes on to list other sites for information including the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the Women's Sports Foundation.[/p]

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Sports Readiness
Institute for Sports Medicine: Sports Readiness
Dr. Cynthia LaBella explains why a child's physical and social development ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy