< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Cartilage tear
Created On: 03/23/2017 09:44 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

03/23/2017 09:44 PM

Author Icon
Yankeerose1970

3 years ago I did a full header fall down my basement steps and landed directly on my knees. Both knees swelled instantly and I ended up in the ER. Nothing was broken but ended up using a walker and crutches for a month. Went to physical therapy and even had injections in my needs of a corticosteroid. Those only helped marginally and I was seen by an orthopedic doc. He did an X-ray, which nothing showed up and concluded that I had minor tears in my knee cartilage. He told me to continue using my knee braces, which I did. 

Now 3 years later the pain is gone from my right knee, but left one still hurts like crazy when standing and I have to be careful how I go up stairs. My right knee was the worse injured but now my left is causing me a bunch of grief. The pain is in the middle of my knee cap toward the inside of my leg. It's a sharp burning pain Upon standing and a dull ache when bent.  

Is there anyway to tell if an injury is getting worse? Or how long does it normally take for cartilage injuries to heal? To me 3 years seems to be a long time. I just hate taking another trip to the ortho if I can do self help at home and also just for him to tell me there is nothing that can be done. 

'Any help would be appreciated. 

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Student-Athletes Female ACL Injuries
Student-Athletes: Female ACL Injuries
This video features an example of a University of Rochester Medical Center ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy