< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Posterolateral Corner Instability
Created On: 07/25/2004 03:19 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

03/27/2018 08:19 AM

Author Icon
akshayv

I had a special shoe need for my mom's diabetic feet. I was able to remove the innersoles and replace them with the ones from the podiatrist. Orthofeet the only shoes I could find that would provide support and allow for the straps to still wrap around over the thicker innersole. I still had to take them to the shoe repairman to have the Velcro moved, but he was able to customize them for a more secure fit. Great shoe for this particular need.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 11/05/2004 12:14 PM

Author Icon
David1978

Thanks, for replying. The way I have been dealing with my posterolateral corner instability is to avoid sports that require cutting. I jog about 9 miles a week and cycle about 45 miles per week. I occasionally (during running or cycling) will feel a twinge of pain on the medial side of my knee, which the doctor said is due to me overpronating. I wonder if my knee injury has contributed to the overpronation. I have no knee swelling and no chronic knee pain and my knee never gives out on me. My knee x-rays showed good joint space for a 44 year old. I just hope that this instability will not set me up for arthritis in the future. Have any of your doctors told you that you are at a greater risk for arthritis?
 10/31/2004 02:30 PM

Author Icon
kzwar

I have heard of posterolateral corner instability because I too have that diagnosis (I have had it get progrssively worse over 6-8 yrs). It can be a very frustrating dealing with this, often gets dismissed by doctors because it is not a real common problem nor is it easy problem to fix. I had been shuffled around for numerous years (which was extremely frustrating considering I am an orthopedic physical therapist)playing the waiting game, being sent to another Dr., etc. In January I finally got some help- they did a high tibial osteotomy (HTO). HTO was used to change my alignment to minimize some of the instability. Now I am almost 10 months out from surgery- It has helped some but I am still struggling with pain and instability with most of my recreational activities like hiking, tennis, skiing, etc. I am again playing the waiting game to see if reconstruction/tightening up of the posterolateral corner will help. I hope this helps you some. Let me know if I can help you out.
 07/25/2004 03:19 PM

Author Icon
David1978

I have just been diagnosed with Posterolateral Corner Instability. Surgery is not an option as it is an old injury (10 years old). It was recommended that I wear arch support insoles when I jog and to strenghten my quads. The Doctor did not mention any damage to other ligaments. Has anyone ever heard of this? What is the prognosis?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Gout
Gout
Learn more about gout, a recurrent and painful form of arthritis, and ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
test