Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: ACL reconstruction recovery: continuous cold therapy or ice?
Created On: 04/17/2018 10:26 AM

06/26/2018 02:31 PM

Author Icon
klewis18

<p>I have a DonJoy&#160;IceMan CLEAR3 cold therapy unit for sale at a reduced price that is extremely helpful in reducing pain and swelling post knee surgery. Please feel free to contact me for any further questions on how to purchase.&#160;</p>
<p>&#160;</p>
 04/17/2018 10:26 AM

Author Icon
chuckheld

<p>I'm 4 days post ACL reconstruction surgery. I used a Continuous Cold Therapy System (Ossur Cold Rush) for the first 3 days...including at night. Then I had my first post-surgery PT appointment.&#160;&#160;There, the therapist said that it is important for the muscles to contract back and forth, through the ice-on and ice-off pattern.&#160;</p>
<p>I had read through various studies that I found online, that continuous cold therapy, where the temperature is "very cold water" versus ice, is better than a 15 minute/hour ice pack.&#160; &#160;This is because the nerve endings are not damaged as they are through ice application.</p>
<p>Anyway, my PT is telling me to stop using my new $150 system, and to go to doing the ice pack regimen.&#160; &#160;Anyone have any experience or input about this??&#160; Thank you!</p>

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Student-Athletes Female ACL Injuries
Student-Athletes: Female ACL Injuries
This video features an example of a University of Rochester Medical Center ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy