< REFRESH >
Topic Title: swollen knee
Created On: 06/19/2001 01:07 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

10/26/2003 10:52 PM

Author Icon
louisryoshin

Hi - I am a structural integration bodyworker and have been relengthening people including yoga teachers for 20 years. My big website http://www.backfixbodywork.com has a home page menu - look at the testimonials of Olympic Athletes and Other Pains and Tightness, and then just below the Sports Medicine, Athletic Performance and Fixing Shortness articles. Great info. Also, the stretching video info page is just above on the first few menu items, plus on the big yellow box a few screens down. This is a more effective WAY to get better stretches and , while really good in its own positions, it teaches you how to do the method with all your stretches. People in my intensive yoga class found the method helped them immediately to get much more satisfying stretches. Email me if you like,
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 10/26/2003 10:52 PM

Author Icon
louisryoshin

Hi - I am a structural integration bodyworker and have been relengthening people including yoga teachers for 20 years. My big website http://www.backfixbodywork.com has a home page menu - look at the testimonials of Olympic Athletes and Other Pains and Tightness, and then just below the Sports Medicine, Athletic Performance and Fixing Shortness articles. Great info. Also, the stretching video info page is just above on the first few menu items, plus on the big yellow box a few screens down. This is a more effective WAY to get better stretches and , while really good in its own positions, it teaches you how to do the method with all your stretches. People in my intensive yoga class found the method helped them immediately to get much more satisfying stretches. Email me if you like,
 09/05/2003 12:59 PM

Author Icon
cheaven

I think you're onto something. I'm 51 and my knee has been swollen for months. I've never had any problems at all with joints or muscles, not ever. My right knee has gotten to the point where walking is so painful I've developed a limp. AARRGGHH! Both legs ache continuously.The 800 mg. of Ibuprofen prescribed by the doctor has helped a little but the pain is back in a few hours. I tried the yoga leg thing and heard the popping. Lo and behold, my knee is much better! I got out of bed this morning and walked down the stairs without pain!!! This technique should be the FIRST thing tried for knee problems that pop up out of the blue. Thank you so much for sharing this info!
 06/22/2002 06:42 AM

Author Icon
wildantiques

I had a swollen knee that kept getting worse...started having problems bending it... I have always use stretching techniques yoga to keep mobility...I'm 45...couldn't figure out what to do with this knee until last night... whenever my back give me trouble I lay on the floor-flat on my back...and rotate one leg at at time slowly out to the side ...then bring it up into the air around and back down...trying to form a circle...if you do one leg...then the other you may hear some snapping in back or hip.. it puts things back in place...immediately after doing this I found my knee feeling better...this morning the swelling has completely left...what I'm suggesting is that alot of knee problems are related to hip misalignment...causing an unbalance in the wear of the knee...just wanted to share this for what its worth...hope you find an answer...Sincerely, Tina
 06/19/2001 01:07 AM

Author Icon
james12775

i dont remember hitting my knee there is no wound i woke up in the morning and my knee was swollen and sore at the knee cap?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Plyometrics
Basic Plyometric Exercises
This video shows basic plyometrics that are commonly used. Complete from ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
test