Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Misdiagnosis? - Advice wanted
Created On: 09/30/2003 06:36 PM

07/23/2005 06:01 PM

Author Icon
saralouise

MCF is right on, run dont walk to your doctor, as these dont heal on their own. it will need to be repaired. i tore mine and walked around for a year, and when they went into scope the knee the found it at that time and repaired it. Sure helped with the pain! Good Luck
 10/22/2003 04:11 PM

Author Icon
mcf

yes, ice ice ice 20 min on/20 min of. go see an physiotherapist or athletic therapist, then go and see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in knees. when i dinged my knee, i felt and heard a pop - the md in emerg did not even perform the usual ligament stability tests because my knee was very very big - he said the "pop" usually indicates a torn acl (or mcl).
 09/30/2003 06:36 PM

Author Icon
tp_karategirl

I injured my knee 1 yr. ago when I jumped out of the back of a truck. I felt it pop and it immeidiatly swelled and bruised. I went to the Dr. 3 months later because it continued to swell on either side and I have pain in the back of the knee. Also, it feels wierd. I can't really describe it, but it doesn't feel like the other one. The Dr. said to take Advil and it would get better. It has been 9 months and it's the same. Sometimes it gives out or feels like it's going back to far. It's also uncomfortable to bend it past 90 degrees. I am very active in Karate and its giving me problems. Can anyone give some advice?

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Gout
Gout
Learn more about gout, a recurrent and painful form of arthritis, and ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy