Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Meniscus tears
Created On: 04/22/2013 09:52 PM

04/22/2013 09:52 PM

Author Icon
mp96

Hi am new to the forum and need some advice please. We'll alittle about me quickly, i am 37 year old male who has been diagnosed with two meniscus tears, one in each knee. I was playing hockey and was tripped and that was the result..

We'll its been 6 months since my injury and im still stiff in the knee's. Doc said the tears were small and i havent started physio with a therapist yet and doing excercises at home. I just want to ask a couple of questions if anyone can please help me.

We'll the first one is if i could put my leg straight out and really squeeze my leg muscles hard if i would need surgery? I can walk up and down the staires with no pain but i still feel stiff. I stupidly played hockey lastnight and wont do that again..I have been sidelined for awhile so i played, but feeling the effects today.

Im doing workouts and planning on doing the pt soon.

This is very unfortunate cause i was fine before this...Now i have issues in both knee's...

Any help would be great,

thanks

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Female vs Male ACL Injuries
Female vs Male Athletes ACL Injury Rate
Dr. David Marshall, for Club House GAS, discusses the high rate of ACL ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy