Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Winter
Created On: 12/01/2009 08:39 AM

01/13/2014 02:20 PM

Author Icon
andy.peloquin

<p>Snow sports do offer a low-impact form of exercise, provided you actually know what you're doing. If you're a newbie that doesn't know how to ski, the number of times that you end up falling down can lead to a whole lot of accidents - not to mention possible injuries. </p>
<p>I actually just did a post on the most common injuries suffered during snow sports:</p>
<p>http://knee1.com/blogs/The_Gia...r_Your_Knees</p>
<p>You'll realize that it's not really as safe as you might think, so it's definitely worth staying indoors at a gym for the winter if you're worried about your knees.</p>
 12/09/2009 04:30 PM

Author Icon
Notyetagolfpro

Cross Country skiing is awesome winter exercise that is easy on your knees. No pounding and you can do it anywhere that you have a layer of snow. Even works in urban parks if you are OK with the occasional person staring at you and the odd dog chasing you.
 12/08/2009 12:45 PM

Author Icon
AI

[p]...i just rememebered that there is a small indoor track near me, but that would also be all too repetitive[/p]
 12/01/2009 08:39 AM

Author Icon
AI

[p]It's starting to get quite cold up here (Boston), snow is surely on the way, and so my bike riding is coming to a close for the winter. Stationary cycles bore me somewhat, so unless I man up and deal with the monotony of taking a fun exercise and confining it to a 3 foot by 3 foot square, placed staring at a wall, I will need to find something else to keep me in shape for the winter. I, unlike my quadruped counterpart, do not need to put on extra layers for the winter. I guess I will consider alternatives as I head to the slopes. Anyone have any suggestions?[/p]

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Knee Exam
Dan Smith performs a full knee examination. ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy