Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Winter
Created On: 12/01/2009 08:39 AM

01/13/2014 02:20 PM

Author Icon
andy.peloquin

<p>Snow sports do offer a low-impact form of exercise, provided you actually know what you're doing. If you're a newbie that doesn't know how to ski, the number of times that you end up falling down can lead to a whole lot of accidents - not to mention possible injuries. </p>
<p>I actually just did a post on the most common injuries suffered during snow sports:</p>
<p>http://knee1.com/blogs/The_Gia...r_Your_Knees</p>
<p>You'll realize that it's not really as safe as you might think, so it's definitely worth staying indoors at a gym for the winter if you're worried about your knees.</p>
 12/09/2009 04:30 PM

Author Icon
Notyetagolfpro

Cross Country skiing is awesome winter exercise that is easy on your knees. No pounding and you can do it anywhere that you have a layer of snow. Even works in urban parks if you are OK with the occasional person staring at you and the odd dog chasing you.
 12/08/2009 12:45 PM

Author Icon
AI

[p]...i just rememebered that there is a small indoor track near me, but that would also be all too repetitive[/p]
 12/01/2009 08:39 AM

Author Icon
AI

[p]It's starting to get quite cold up here (Boston), snow is surely on the way, and so my bike riding is coming to a close for the winter. Stationary cycles bore me somewhat, so unless I man up and deal with the monotony of taking a fun exercise and confining it to a 3 foot by 3 foot square, placed staring at a wall, I will need to find something else to keep me in shape for the winter. I, unlike my quadruped counterpart, do not need to put on extra layers for the winter. I guess I will consider alternatives as I head to the slopes. Anyone have any suggestions?[/p]

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Knee Replacement Success Story
Knee Replacement Success Story
Healthcare News Network shows the knee replacement surgery success story ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy