Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: O any footware recommendations
Created On: 08/29/2013 05:56 PM

02/26/2014 12:13 PM

Author Icon
andy.peloquin

<p>I've found that the Nike LunarGlide shoes work very well for me, as they have a good deal of cushioning. The cushioning and support are quite adaptive, and I broke the shoes in very well in a short amount of time. They are fairly expensive, though, so you may want to consider cheaper shoes.</p>
<p>The New Balance shoes can actually be quite good, though I agree that the Asics Gel line of shoes is excellent. Mizuno is going to be a bit too light for what you're looking for. </p>
 10/28/2013 11:33 AM

Author Icon
stephloy83

Asics, while expensive, are usually my go to running shoes. They have a variety of styles that are built for the different feet of different runners.

However I also use inserts. Orthopedic inserts that are molded to your feet are probably best (albeit expensive) since they'll be just for you and whatever problems you specifically have. But make sure to adjust your walking to them first before using them for running. You can also buy generic ones at most running stores and pharmacies.
 08/30/2013 04:48 PM

Author Icon
AmariT

Does that cause the insides of your shoes to wear down faster or is that something else? I definitely have that problem. Eventually I can't walk in shoes because the sides are so uneven.

Unfortunately I don't have any good shoe recommendations. The biggest thing that keeps me from exercising regularly is my inability to find shoes that I feel comfortable in. Even when something seems to work in the store, after half an hour of exercising my knee or feet are hurting.

I was interested in the quote from the article you posted that said, "For this reason it's nearly always a good idea to get a pair of running shoes fitted by a professional so you know you've bought the right pair." What kind of professionals is it talkign about? Is that something that doctors do, or do you go to stores that specially fit you for shoes?
 08/29/2013 05:56 PM

Author Icon
shinpei.kuga

I severely overpronate on the right foot- biurns through shoe heels faster than I would like.

[url=http://www.runaddicts.net/health-nutrition/how-overpronation-can-cause-knee-pain]www.runaddicts.net/health-nutrition/how-overpronation-can-cause-knee-pain[/url] probably explains overpronation best if you do not know what I mean. Basically it means I bend inward too much - For me its just my right ankle it seems. Wondering if there were shoe/sneaker recommendations.

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Knee Pain Relief
Is chronic knee pain keeping you from enjoying your favorite activities? ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy