Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Playing Surfaces
Created On: 11/10/2009 10:06 AM

11/17/2009 09:48 AM

Author Icon
AI

Turns out I did get on that team, and I played last week. I made the goalie look foolish a couple times. We have another game tonight, can't wait. I'm going to 'meg everyone.
 11/10/2009 10:06 AM

Author Icon
AI

I believe I am on on an indoor soccer team for the next couple months... hopefully... and I should be playing tonight. The surface I'll be playing on is an artificial turf, and it feels terrific on my knees and ankles. It's the kind of turf with short grass and small black rubber pellets. It seems to have the perfect amount of give. I wore my firm grounds on it last week, and they seem to do alright. Though I did slide out as I was hitting one shot, but other than that, it was great. I would say turfs would do the best on it, but I haven't got a pair. I also don't know if it was this pitch in particular, but I was having the hardest time judging the pace of a bouncing ball. It slowed down a lot on this pitch. Maybe because there is an abundance of the rubber pellets, so when the ball bounces on these, there is more friction than when the ball bounces on the artificial grass material, slowing the ball down? Just a theory. I'll adjust. Now that I don't need to worry about my joints, I can focus on not pulling a muscle.

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Knee Exam
Dan Smith performs a full knee examination. ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy