Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: ACL tear
Created On: 04/11/2011 04:34 PM

11/13/2013 02:38 PM

Author Icon
andy.peloquin

<p>The tear may be small enough that it's not going to seriously impede your movement or cause a lot of pain, but that won't stop it from tearing should you hurt it again. It takes a lot longer for ligaments to be repaired than muscles, so a damaged ligament - especially the ACL, which never fully heals - is something to be very careful with.</p>
<p>Of course, knee surgery may not be necessary, though you should definitely spend time resting to give your knee time to heal. Just be careful with it, protect it when playing sports, and avoid straining it. You definitely don't want to tear it completely!</p>
 04/11/2011 04:34 PM

Author Icon
gphanis

Hi all i was playing volleyball and landed awkwardly. After i landed there was no pain on my knee or any popping sound but there was swelling around the knee and i was able to walk without any pain. This happened 4 weeks ago now the swelling is gone and there is no pain when i walk but i went to the doctor to just make sure and he said its an ACL tear and needs surgery. I am not sure i can trust the doctor because i feel no pain at all i can bike i can run on treadmill without any pain (speed 5.5) but there is only a minimal pain on the outer side of the knee.[br][br]any suggestion on what i should i do next or can anyone let me know if there would be pain after an ACL tear?[br][br]Thanks

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Total Knee Replacement
Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement
Learn about the total knee replacement surgery and rehab proceess from ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy