Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Elations Joint Supplement
Created On: 08/19/2009 02:32 PM

12/08/2009 01:52 PM

Author Icon
spark

[p]Well AI, I think that both joints and muscles would need to recuperate because they are both essentially the same thing. What I mean is that different types of muscles make up joints and so it would make sense that your ACL and MCL would need as much of a break as any other muscle (i.e. thigh muscles, calves, etc). In fact, I think joints would probably need more care/recuperation than bigger muscles would. But that's mere speculation.. One thing I did hear recently however, was that regardless of how tired/sore/injured a muscle is, you should always try to exercise it as much as you can WHILE recuperating. In other words, don't use an injury or sore muscle as an excuse to become sedentary.. [/p][br][p]As for joint supplements, I heard that glucosamine is the best for joints and studies have shown that it aids in the healing and regeneration of joints... or something. Not entirely sure on the details, but all I know is that they're good for you.. So if you're worried about your knees, get some glucosamine supplements.. (I heard Joint Juice has gotten some pretty good reviews/results)[/p]
 12/08/2009 12:53 PM

Author Icon
AI

[p]I know it's very important to let muscles recooperate after a workout, could the same be said about joints?[/p]
 08/19/2009 02:32 PM

Author Icon
MelissaDAmico

As a runner, I am constantly putting a lot of pressure on my knees. I am running at least 40 miles a week currently, and have trained for marathons, and other long distance races in the past that have required even more miles per week.

Although I am still really young, it makes me nervous to think about what my joints are going to be like even just 10 years from now.

So, lately I have been thinking about taking supplements specifically for my joints, as a way to keep my joints up to par before they start to go downhill. I am always seeing commercials for the Elations Joint Supplent drinks. Has anyone ever tried these or know more about them?

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who knows about this or other similar supplements, and whether or not they may actually be beneficial. Or, if you have other suggestions for ways I can support my joints for the future, those are welcome too!

Thank you!

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Total Knee Replacement
Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement
Learn about the total knee replacement surgery and rehab proceess from ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy