Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Knee Strain
Created On: 11/24/2009 08:13 AM

12/16/2013 02:45 PM

Author Icon
andy.peloquin

<p>You want to be careful with that pain in your left knee, as it could get worse if you keep pushing it.</p>
<p>Dropping that right foot means that all of your weight is resting on your left leg, but it's probably bent in a slightly awkward position. That could place a lot of pressure on your knee, particularly the ligaments on the outside and front of the kneecap.</p>
<p>I would recommend trying a few simple exercises for your legs:</p>
<p>- Lunges</p>
<p>- Squats</p>
<p>- Leg presses</p>
<p>If your knee doesn't hurt doing these exercises, it's defintely the result of your posture while on the board. </p>
 11/24/2009 08:13 AM

Author Icon
AI

So I enjoy the occasional cruise on my longboard, the deck of which was made by a friend of mine. Everything goes swimmingly except from time to time, i get this pain in my left knee. I believed it's cause by the pressure on it when i am pushing around, and when i drop my right foot to slow down. Other than that it feels great. I suppose I could losen my trucks a hair so i could carve to control my speed better, but then i'd get speed wobbles more easily when going faster. I think I'll do that, and carve my way to comfort.

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Knee Injuries Health Short
Knee Injuries
Listen to a discussion of knee injuries, highlighting the anatomy of the ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy