Knee1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Snowboarding and Ankles
Created On: 11/17/2009 09:46 AM

01/27/2014 02:20 PM

Author Icon
andy.peloquin

<p>You should consider using a brace for your ankle. You can find simple sports bracers that will add support to the ankle, and will help to prevent the wear and tear on your ankles.</p>
<p>It may be a good idea to take a break between runs to stretch the legs and feet a bit. I know it sounds silly to stop at the top or bottom of the mountain to do some stretches, but it will definitely help to loosen up the muscles. It's often tight muscles that are exhausted from the long day of snowboarding that will hurt, so stretching them out can prevent the wear and tear.</p>
 11/17/2009 09:46 AM

Author Icon
AI

Not to sound like one who complains a lot, but pushing around the mountain and riding the lift really takes a toll on my left ankle (I ride regular). Skiers got it made being able to stay in their equipment all day, just hopping on and off lifts without a second thought. Granted, I have been riding for quite a few years so it all is second nature to me now, but the wrenching on my ankle does not go away. Maybe I'll switch which ankle I unstrap every time I get on a lift. Any other suggestions?

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

3D Knee Animation
3D Animation: Total Knee Joint Replacement Surgery
This 3D medical animation shows a total knee joint replacement surgery ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy