01/28/2017 12:08 AM

Author Icon
arthurjames

<p>&#160;Did you get the condition diagnosed?</p>
 01/10/2017 02:08 AM

Author Icon
walidh

<p>&#160;hi, that's scary.. and now? what happened ?</p>
<p>i had an ACL tear last july, and until now didn't do the operation. i am still thinking if i should do it or not. after 10 session of physio, i was doing really better for few months, last week my knee started to hurt again.. don't remember doing any wrong movement, but i think my muscle got weeker because i wasn't practising anymore... so now am reallly considering doing the op.</p>
<p>the next question is which technique is better? the all inside? the usuall?</p>
<p>my real fear is to do the operation, and find myself once again with torn ACL...</p>
<p>hope you are feeling better though...</p>
 12/24/2016 04:27 PM

Author Icon
esowl

<p>&#160;Hello everyone,</p>
<p>&#160;</p>
<p>2 months ago I had my acl reconstruction on my right knee using hamstring. everything was going on very well: I could bend my knee all the way, had done 7 sessions of heavy phisiotherapy.&#160;</p>
<p>&#160;</p>
<p>Today as I was descending the stairs, my left ankle felt very shaky and I almost fell. and by almost I mean I squated down all the way, bending my right knee fully and it hurt to the extenct that I screamed. but soon after (like 2-3 seconds) pain disappeared. I soon returned home and iced my knee.</p>
<p>&#160;</p>
<p>the immediate difference was that when I straightened my knee, I felt discomfort. before, I didn't. Also, now more than 12 hours have passed since the "fall". When I straighten my knee, I don't feel discomfort anymore, but when I hang it, or give it an extra push to straighten, I feel a little discomfort (similar to one after I had after my surgery).</p>
<p>Also, my knee is a bit swollen. I called my doctor immediately and he said wait for 2 days, if discomfort persists, wait for another day. If it still continues, do MRI. if discomfort disappears, continue your rehab as planned.</p>
<p>&#160;</p>
<p>Now why I'm writing this post is because I'm scared of my future. I don't feel any pain right now but I'm very scared and I wanted to share my sorrows with you. Have you seen stuff like this? Is probability of extending my rehab high? Or do you think I will need surgery once more?&#160;</p>

RSS

Does Creatine cause Hair Loss?
By singhnri123
more more Blogs RSS

5 days post op ACL surgery - strange horrible pain
By dadoody

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
I'm 12 years post op, but I remember that pain. I stretched out the percocet and vicodin for about 1 or 1.5 weeks I think. It prevented pain, but I couldn't poop for a week.  Maybe they can ...

more more Forums

Student-Athletes Female ACL Injuries
Student-Athletes: Female ACL Injuries
This video features an example of a University of Rochester Medical Center ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy