12 years post-op. Had sporadic bone pain for years...until Vitamin D

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: 12 years post-op. Had sporadic bone pain for years...until Vitamin D
Created On: 07/16/2018 05:40 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

07/16/2018 05:40 PM

Author Icon
dadoody

I ruptured my ACL in November 2005 due to a jumping injury. 

Before surgery, I had a slight tear in my meniscus; however, I did light cycling on a stationary bike for 3 months, and that seems to have helped heal the meniscus. During the surgery, the doctor used my own patellar tendon grafting. 

I have mostly full range, the leg is still not as strong as the other one, but that's on me for not being more regular at the gym for it; however, in running or boxing, the leg is great. 

No arthritis yet. I was 25 when I ruptured it, I'm 37 now. 

One issue I had though was bone pain around the incision site. I thought it was maybe nerve damage or scar tissue. I'd massage the pain, but it wouldn't relieve it at all. It was just an achy pain that I thought I'd have to live with; however, I recently realized something: I work indoors. I do most things indoors. 

One benefit is that I'm 37, but people tell me I look 27, but what I didn't realize also was that I was deficient in something called "vitamin D" which needs sunlight to produce, and many Americans are at a deficit. 

So, I popped by Costco and picked up a bottle of their Kirkland Vitamin D3 @ 2000 IU, and I've been popping a pill everyday for a month now, and I've noticed that I don't have any more bone pain. I'm poking the area I usually have the pain, and I don't even have a dull ache. It just feels normal.

So FYI to people out there who might be experiencing some of the ache and pain like I was - popping some vitamin D3 might help. 

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Reducing Sport Injuries in children
Reducing Sports Injuries in Children
Learn important tips on how to avoid sports injuries, specifically for ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Robert Klapper

Dr. Robert Klapper:

Preventing Knee Surgery
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
test